- There is an application for construction of up to 70 houses in an area of land that abuts the Former Wisley Airfield, known as Hallam Land. The application number is 23/P/00417. The Parish Council are reading the documents and will revert via Ockham & Hatchford Residents Association mailing list with an update.
- If you put in an objection to the Taylor Wimpey application for Former Wisley Airfield 22/P/01175, you will have received notification from GBC that there are some new documents about the application. With the support of VAWNT (Villages Against Wisley New Town), we are reading these documents now and as above, we will revert via OHRA mailing list soon. The deadline for response to GBC for both this consultation and the Hallam land is 7th May 2023.
- Road Issues: The Parish Council remain in daily communication with SCC Highways to flag issues on our local road network. Please continue to log any concerns with potholes, flooding, crumbling road surface, etc with SCC Highways direct: https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/roadworks-and-maintenance/report-a-highway-problem If you experience any problems as a result of the A3/M25 National Highways roadworks – traffic queues, delays etc, please report these to firstname.lastname@example.org noting in the subject of your email that your complaint relates to M25J10A3 works. The Parish Council are also carrying out a survey. You can complete this as many times as you like about any aspect of the road network in and around Ockham (including A3) https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/78QG9CC
- The Coronation of King Charles III is coming up and together with OHRA and All Saints’ Church, the PC are arranging a village ‘litter pick’ 10 – 12, followed by a ‘bring your own picnic’ gathering at Ockham Cricket Club from 12 – 4 on Monday 8th May. Everyone welcome!
- Flooding of Property Issues: Please be aware that if you have a ditch close to your home, you may be responsible for maintaining it. For details on riparian responsibility https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/roadworks-and-maintenance/report-a-highway-problem/drainage-and-flooding/living-next-to-a-watercourse-your-rights-and-responsibilitiesMaintenance of local ditches by those responsible does ease local flooding so please check the link above. If you are experiencing issues with flooding of your property, please log them here: https://www9.surreycc.gov.uk/HighwayIssue/WhatIsTheIssue.aspx?Code=FBD
Please contact the Parish Clerk with enquiries
Mrs Alyson Blackwell – email: email@example.com