- Flooding Issues The Parish Council have lodged multiple complaints with SCC Highways and SCC Cllr Colin Cross regarding flooding in Ockham and in particular along Long Reach and Ockham Road North where we have also expressed extreme frustration that NO ONE is working on site and that the traffic lights work intermittently. The lights have been there for over 6 weeks and nothing is happening. We will continue to push to reach resolution and have requested a meeting with SCC Highways about the terrible state of our local roads. We will keep you advised.
- A Vehicle Activated Speed Awareness sign will go up in Old Lane some time in February. This will bring our current total of VAS signs in Ockham to three and we confirmed that a fourth VAS sign will be purchased in 2023/24 when we finalised our budget for the upcoming financial year at our parish council meeting on 10th
- Can you help please? Ockham Parish Council are seeking two new Parish Councillors. The Parish Council meet 11 times a year (we don’t meet in August!) when we discuss all sorts of aspects of village life including planning applications. We carry out projects such as the recent work at the War Memorial and take an active interest in community life. If you are interested in joining us then please contact our Clerk, Alyson on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Everyone will be aware of the M25J10/A3 works currently being carried out by National Highways. We are in very regular communication with National Highways about a large number of issues that concern our community. These include a couple of Freedom of Information requests regarding the loss of the trees. If you have specific concerns about anything related to these works, do let us know or contact NH direct on email@example.com
- Please remember that there is no consent granted for any housing on any part of the FWA and if you have not yet objected to Taylor Wimpey’s application for housing on Former Wisley Airfield, it is not too late. The application number is 22/P/01175 and you will find full details of the application on the Guildford Borough Council website.
Please contact the Parish Clerk with enquiries
Mrs Alyson Blackwell – email: firstname.lastname@example.org