- Problems on our local roads continue and the Parish Council are in regular communication with SCC Highways to flag issues. Please log any concerns with potholes, flooding, crumbling road surface, overgrown vegetation/branches etc with SCC Highways direct: https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/roadworks-and-maintenance/report-a-highway-problem
- The Coronation of King Charles III will take place on 6th May and together with OHRA and All Saints’ Church, the PC are arranging a village ‘bring your own picnic’ gathering at Ockham Cricket Club on Monday 8th Everyone welcome and lots of fun for family and friends! We are hoping for a good weather day!
- Ockham Parish Council are seeking two new Parish Councillors – Can you help please? The Parish Council meet 11 times a year to discuss all aspects of village life including planning applications. You don’t need any special qualifications, just an interest in our community and a willingness to get involved. If you are interested in joining us then please contact our Clerk, Alyson on email@example.com
- Please be aware that if you have a ditch close to your home, you may be responsible for maintaining it. For details on riparian responsibility https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/roadworks-and-maintenance/report-a-highway-problem/drainage-and-flooding/living-next-to-a-watercourse-your-rights-and-responsibilities Maintenance of local ditches by those responsible does ease local flooding so please check the link above.
- Thank you to all those who have objected to Taylor Wimpey’s proposal for Former Wisley Airfield (application no 22/P/01175). The PC and a representative from the Ockham Wildlife Group are in touch with West Surrey Badger Group as there are a large number of badger setts in and around FWA. All badgers are protected by the Protection of Badgers Act 1992 and we are very keen to safeguard the local badgers. Do contact firstname.lastname@example.org to object again to Taylor Wimpey’s application. Save our Badgers!
- If you experience any problems at all as a result of the National Highways M25J10A3 works, please log them via email@example.com The more we highlight any issues and concerns, the more NH will have to hear us.
Please contact the Parish Clerk with enquiries
Mrs Alyson Blackwell – email: firstname.lastname@example.org