- We have pleasure in welcoming Councillor Becky Neish to Ockham Parish Council.
- Wisley Action Group (WAG) together with Ockham Parish Council have been accepted as a Rule 6 party for the Taylor Wimpey Appeal (more on this below). This will ensure that we will see all the Appeal documents and information and will have an opportunity to participate productively in the Appeal process.
- The Former Wisley Airfield is not a sustainable site and fails to meet planning law in multiple ways. Taylor Wimpey’s application 22/P/01175 for 1700+ homes on an area of natural greenspace (90% green), will have a negative impact on local ecology, local roads, flood risk, local services (schools, education, sewage provision). Please write to the Planning Inspectorate: email@example.com using reference: APP/Y3615/W/23/3320175 advising of your objection to their proposal. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like some pointers for your objection letter.
VAWNT Meeting at East Horsley Village Hall – Thursday 15th June at 7 pm
Villages Against Wisley New Town will be updating the local community on the latest news regarding Former Wisley Airfield (FWA) in light of the Appeal Taylor Wimpey have put forward against non determination of application 22/P/01175 by Guildford Borough Council. Please do attend if you can.
- Please continue to report any concerns with potholes, flooding, crumbling road surface, etc with SCC Highways direct: https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/roadworks-and-maintenance/report-a-highway-problem If you experience any problems as a result of the A3/M25 National Highways roadworks – traffic queues, delays etc, please report these to email@example.com noting in the subject of your email that your complaint relates to M25J10A3 works.
- Please be aware that if you have a ditch close to your home, you may be responsible for maintaining it. For details on riparian responsibility https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/roadworks-and-maintenance/report-a-highway-problem/drainage-and-flooding/living-next-to-a-watercourse-your-rights-and-responsibilities Maintenance of local ditches by those responsible does ease local flooding so please check the link above. If you are experiencing issues with flooding of your property, please log them here: https://www9.surreycc.gov.uk/HighwayIssue/WhatIsTheIssue.aspx?Code=FBD
Please contact the Parish Clerk with enquiries
Mrs Alyson Blackwell – email: firstname.lastname@example.org