- The A3 is fully closed between Send and M25 roundabout from 9 pm on Friday 23rd February to 6 am on Monday 26th. Ockham is not on the official diversion route and as we had a huge number of vehicles cutting through via Ockham Lane during the October 2023 closure, we have asked the Police and SCC to ensure that this does not happen again. To date, we have had no response to our request for a ‘road closure, residents access only’ for Ockham Lane but we will keep pushing on this. If you do notice excessive traffic and dangerous driving at any time please do report it to the police (using 999 or 101 depending on the severity of the issue) and if you are able to obtain a reference number for your report, please let us know.
- On a similar note, SCC are Consulting on road safety at present. Do participate to get your voice heard: https://visionzerosurrey.commonplace.is
- SCC are also consulting with Parish Councils about Public Rights of Way (footpaths, bridleways, Byways etc). If you notice a problem on a PRoW such as overgrown vegetation, a broken stile etc, do report it by emailing the SCC Countryside team on email@example.com
- Once again, we remind you to please contact SCC about the condition of our local roads. Old Lane in particular is in an appalling state and we are pushing hard to get some attention from SCC to address the issues there. Please help us by reporting flood issues, potholes, crumbling edges etc to SCC using the following links (evidence in the form of photographs and/or dash cam video is useful if you have it but even if you don’t, please report regardless as we know that the volume of complaints helps to push the issue up SCCs very long list of areas needing attention!).
Seriously large or dangerous Potholes: If you think the issue is an immediate risk to public safety please call SCC anytime, day or night on: 0300 200 1003 If you are calling outside of normal business hours, please hold for option 3 (for Roads and Transport) followed by option 2 (for Highway and traffic signal emergencies).
Potholes and all other Highway Issues: https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/roadworks-and-maintenance/report-a-highway-problem
- The Inquiry for the FWA has now ended with a decision expected in the April. WAG continue to fund raise to pay for all the professional expert help received. A significant shortfall remains so if you are able to donate, it would be very much appreciated. All donations of any amount, help enormously. Account name: Wisley Airfield Action Group, sort code: 20 35 35, account number: 10574287 (or by cheque delivered to Helen Jefferies, Alms Heath Cottage). Very many thanks for all donations to date.
The Ockham Parish Council AGM will be held on Tuesday 14th May this year. We will have a guest speaker and drinks will be served. All residents welcome! Venue to be confirmed. Please mark the date in your diary.
Please contact our Parish Clerk with enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org