- A number of residents and parish councillors attended the recent Taylor Wimpey presentation of their so called Master Plan. The feedback we have received is that the presentation was scant on detail including specific information about mitigation measures for the total lack of infrastructure required to support the site – so no change there. We are advised that Taylor Wimpey are likely to submit an outline application for planning imminently. We will keep you informed.
- Ockham Parish Council have initiated an ‘8 Parishes’ group who are now meeting regularly to discuss issues that affect our area. We are working together on planning concerns and sharing information to our mutual benefit. We will keep you updated.
- We are planning an unveiling of the Queen’s Canopy plaque which marks the planting of the trees and shrubs donated to us by SCC for HM Queen Platinum Jubilee. This will take place on Ockham Playing Field. Date and time to be confirmed.
- At our Annual meeting, we discussed climate concerns and shared some ideas which included: improving the insulation in our homes, water butts, avoiding use of chemicals and pesticides in our gardens and participating in Plantlife’s No Mow May https://www.plantlife.org.uk/uk/about-us/news/no-mow-may-how-to-get-ten-times-more-bees-on-your-lockdown-lawn
- Sonjia Moran has been co-opted onto OPC as a parish councillor. Welcome and thank you Sonjia.
Please contact the Parish Clerk with enquiries
Mrs Alyson Blackwell – email: firstname.lastname@example.org